Monday, June 30, 2008

Pomegranate - Plant Pest

Actually I am quite fedup with my Pomegranate plant. Since I grew it last year, it have been dropping leaves and now also botak.

Each time there are new growth, I would see alot of small green/grey colour creatures crawling/sticking to the young leaves. Tried hard to get rid of them, but failed. I am so tired of it that I thought of just dumping it outside my house and let nature takes it's course. However, I can't bear to as I spend so much $$ on it :P

Well well, so here I am trying to figure out what the pest is and how to prevent it from growing/controlling it:

Greenfly
Plants affected: Pretty much everything!

Symptoms: Infestations of green, pink, cream or brown insects around the softest parts of the plant, usually the tips of shoots and the undersides of young leaves.
Prevention/Control: Wipe greenfly off plants with your fingers or spray plants with soft soap or a pesticide containing pirimicarb.

Afternote:
Guess I would just trim off all the affected plant and then after that concentrate of cleaning up the new growth.

No comments: